Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Old Kentucky Home

When I started this blog, one of my first posts was about collecting vintage tins. Among the tins I've accumulated is a weathered beauty for Kentucky Club pipe tobacco. I adore this tin. The imagery is wonderful, and the colors, wow. I've always wanted to do a homage to my state, incorporating the things that make Kentucky what it is. I did this poster using the tobacco tin colors, featuring a number of Kentucky icons. You'll find the state bird and flower, an alert thoroughbred in racing gear, a bourbon barrel, basketball, coal miner's helmet, a Kentucky long rifle, and lastly, a Gibson mandolin (the one used by the father of Bluegrass music, Bill Monroe). The word Kentucky was hand done for a more rustic feel and it's surrounded by 15 stars as Kentucky was the 15th state added to the union.

I love the Bluegrass. I love the people, the culture, the heritage, and the natural beauty. This poster is my love letter to my Old Kentucky Home and is likely not the last.

My Old Kentucky Home
original vector art
© Rachael Sinclair

element detail

No comments:

Post a Comment